[ic] Shipping - flat rate

Dan Busarow interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 13:19:01 2002

On Feb 12, Kari Suomela wrote:
> Tuesday February 12 2002 13:33, Michael Stearne wrote to All:
>  >> affecting me again. :( Can someone point me to a direction, where I
>  >> can find info how to set flat rate (per item) shipping?
>
>  MS> On a similar note.  Is it (and how) possible to have shipping that
>  MS> is
>  MS> a flat rate of $6 per item for the first 4 and then a flat rate of
>  MS> $30
>  MS> for all quantities greater than 4?

This seems too easy so I must have missed something earlier in the
thread.

flat  Flat Rate  quantity 1   4   f (@@TOTAL@@ * 6)
flat  Flat Rate  quantity 5   99999   30.00

Totally untested and might have some circular dependency since the
criteria would normally be multiplied by quantity.  That could be
fixed by adding a column for freight_units.  Normally set freight_units
to 1, in special cases you could increase it, say make it 2 for an
unusually large item.

flat  Flat Rate  freight_units 1   4       f @@TOTAL@@ * 6.00
flat  Flat Rate  freight_units 5   99999   30.00

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com