[ic] Shipping - flat rate

Michael Stearne interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 11:31:01 2002

Dan Busarow wrote:

>> MS> On a similar note.  Is it (and how) possible to have shipping that
>> MS> is
>> MS> a flat rate of $6 per item for the first 4 and then a flat rate of
>> MS> $30
>> MS> for all quantities greater than 4?
>>

> This seems too easy so I must have missed something earlier in the
> thread.
>
> flat  Flat Rate  quantity 1   4   f (@@TOTAL@@ * 6)
> flat  Flat Rate  quantity 5   99999   30.00

I tried this:

FLATD   Flat rate       quantity        0       0       e Nothing to
ship!              {'PriceDivide' => "1",}
FLATD   Flat rate       quantity        1       4       6
{'PriceDivide' => "1",}
FLATD   Flat rate       quantity        5       9999999 f f (@@TOTAL@@ *
6)     {'PriceDivide' => "1",}

But if I put 20 items in a basket I get $120 for shipping.  It seems
like the formula part is never being used.

> Totally untested and might have some circular dependency since the
> criteria would normally be multiplied by quantity.  That could be
> fixed by adding a column for freight_units.  Normally set freight_units
> to 1, in special cases you could increase it, say make it 2 for an
> unusually large item.
>
> flat  Flat Rate  freight_units 1   4       f @@TOTAL@@ * 6.00
> flat  Flat Rate  freight_units 5   99999   30.00

Where exactly would I put this, though?

Thanks,
Michael