[ic] IC Looney - Duplicate / Missing Orders

Fri Feb 15 16:45:00 2002

Quoting Glenn McCalley (techlist@bnetmd.net):
> Help, please!
>
> IC V.4.8.2 -- "High" traffic settings.
> FreeBSD 4.0
> Perl 5.6.1
>
> In this store we get an order about every 5 minutes or so.  Beginning
> yesterday, for periods of an hour or two, IC will cease completing orders in
> checkout.
>
> Nothing logged to tracking.asc.
>
> usertrack file shows lots lots of activity, but no one actually makes it
> through checkout.
>
> The credit card charges -are- completing, Authorize.net shows the charge
> completed.  Unfortunately, many orders have 2, 3, 4 duplicate charges for
> the order.
>
> Nothing usefull in catalog error.log
>
> IC error.log shows dozens of "hammered PID" and "Spurious PID" messages,
> consistent in timing with the problem.  Lack of memory?

Very possibly. You might try prefork/rpc traffic settings.

> "top" numbers show 120MB Inactive memory, 34MB Free.  CPU usage negligible.
> IC is the only thing running on this server (well, apache).

Suggest you look at the /var/adm/messages | /var/log/syslog to see what
is happening with the system. Running out of disk somewhere, maybe?

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer