[ic] PreFork causes errors

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 12:24:26 2002

IC 4.8.3, PERL 5.6.1, Linux-2.4.16

I can not set PreFork to Yes on my production machines without creating
periodic (about 9 out of 10) Internal Server errors. I see "...index
Died in server spawn: DBD:mysq:st execute failed: MySQL server has gone
away at (eval 55) line 18." in /var/log/interchange/error.log. I have
had this problem as long as I have known about PreFork (around 4.8.1).

On my development machine it is not a problem.

The devolopment machine is almost identical to the production machines.
The only difference that I can think of is that the production machines
are behind a LVS-NAT.

Any ideas? I have the idea that setting PreFork will improve
performance. Should I just not care?

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact