[ic] perl db question, problems when modifying admin

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 14:59:01 2002

Mike Heins <mheins@redhat.com> writes:

> It should be wrapped and work on all later versions of IC, but I will
> admit I haven't tried all functions. The reason is, all of this is a
> heck of a lot easier with:
>
> [perl products]
> 	my $db = $Db{products};
> 	my $phone = $Scratch->{item_code};
> 	my $rowdata = $db->row_hash($phone);
> 	my @cols = $db->columns();
> 	&etc, &etc;
> [/perl]

I this case of "select * from products where sku='$code'", yes it is
easier.  However, some more complicated examples aren't.
Specifically, when you have more complicated where clauses and actual
joins.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543