[ic] "You Are Here" - Breadcrumb Trail

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 17:18:01 2002

At 05:45 AM 2/19/02 +0800, Dog Tags wrote:
>Hi All
>
>Would anyone know how to create a breadcrumb component?
>
>What I would like to do is have it show up on all pages in the same
>location, and it would show the whole line of subcategories down from the
>home page. Each level shown in the breadcrumb trail would be linked, and
>the output would look something like this:
>
>You Are Here : Home >> Optics >> Binoculars

That would be something like this... (not sure if you can next [item-field
category] inside [area], but you'll get the idea):

<A HREF="[area index]">Home</A> &gt;&gt; <A HREF="[area
scan/sf=category/se=[item-field category]]">[item-field category]</A>
&gt;&gt; [item-field description]

If you wanted a full-featured version, you could throw in some conditionals
and roll it into a globalsub to use it in templates.