[ic] setting up my own server for running unix and ic

catchersgearonly interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 07:14:00 2002

How would I go about setting up my own server to run my own website at home.
Would this be feasable using my pc its a pentium 3 with 256mb ram 1 ghz
processor.

I have a cable modem which won't allow me to setup my own server so I am
thinking about going to dsl. If I was to do this, what would I need to do to
set up my own server and would dsl be fast enough to run a small ic website
with little traffic.

How would I go about getting or buying an ip address  or two(I believe I
would get one with my dsl account.) Where do I get the server system ex.
linux unix whatever.  Would I need another server for email addresses.

Another option I might have is bringing my computer to my school who has
their own personal network and a router which connects them to the internet
through a t1 line.  I might be able to get permission to hook up to their t1
through their router.  Would I have to buy my own ip address and again still
setup a server on my computer.

If anyone who has done this or knows how could give a few details it would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin