[ic] Stress testing

Javier Martin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 05:21:01 2002

There's a good program called 'webserver stress tool'. You first record your
sequence (including form entries, etc.) and then the program reproduces it
simulating concurrent users and all. It runs several times incrementing
users so finally you get a clear view (with charts) on how your server
behaves with user growth. It's very interesting. Just record, play and print
nifty graphics. Their pricing policies are quite braindead though: to have
SSL you have to pay the enterprise version.

Microsoft has also one for free (microsoft web application stress tool). But
no fancy graphics and no SSL while recording.

Should you find any other option (with charts, easy record/play, etc.)
please post it here, I'm also looking very after the definitive program.

Javier