[ic] [off-topic] webalizer for virtual hosts

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 13:03:00 2002

Julia Jacobs <jjacobs@currantmedia.com> writes:

> Why hasn't anyone come up with a handy RPM to set up webalizer to
> work with multiple Virtual Hosts in an easy no brainer way so I
> don't have to kill myself with all of these #$%^^&* webalizer.conf
> files?  Or at least a decent Webmin based tool?. . . .bitch moan
> bitch moan

Of course, being a debian dude, I don't use RPMs.  Debian installs
webalizer fairly well although it doesn't support virtual domains well
either.  I have written some cron scripts that seems to handle it
pretty well.  Basically, it works like this.  Every virtual domain has
a unix userid.  _All_ of that user's files are in their home
directory: DocuemntRoot, log files, interchange catalog.  I then have
a file called /etc/uid2domain that is simply two columns: the unix
user id (and thus the directory relative to /home) and the domain
name.  My cron script just rips through that list and runs with the
appropriate command line argumens.
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543