[ic] Recommendation for CA to issue Certs.

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 16:27:01 2002

On 2/20/02 4:04 PM, "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@mmaz.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have used Thawte for the past five years, primarily because they were
> one of the few CA's that issued wildcards, and also because they were
> the cheapest.  Since that time, Verisign swallowed them up and Thawte
> lost much of their identity we as well as their desire to price
> wildcards so that small business can easily afford them without a
> zillion hassles.
[snip]
> You admins that host your own systems, how do you tackle this?
>
> Any recommendations on an inexpensive CA that does still handle wildcards?
>
> I'm sick of Thawte, so if I must go for individual certs, any
> recommendations on a CA in general as long as it isn't Versign or Thawte?

[snip]

> Barry

I'd be interested in an answer to this as well as I just signed up as an ISP
Partner with Thawte and am finding them to be a PITA type organization
(acronym for Pain In The A**).
--
Julia Jacobs
Currant Media