[ic] Bounce for single search result

Thu Feb 21 12:24:00 2002

At 09:48 PM 02/20/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Anyone Have a snippit of code to bounce from a single search result return
>to the detailed product description. I want to allow certain links in the
>left nav to go directly to detailed descriptions and bypass results.html.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ross

This is probably not the neatest way, but it should work. I would make it
the first thing within the existing [search-list] on results.html:

[if value mv_search_match_count == 1]
         [bounce href="[area flypage [item-code]]"]
[/if]

You may also opt to move this to the very top of the page and add a few tags:

[if value mv_search_match_count == 1]
         [search-region]
         [search-list]
                 [bounce href="[area flypage [item-code]]"]
         [/search-list]
         [/search-region]
[/if]

That might be a bit faster since it skips some unnecessary parsing which
would occur in my first example.  I'm not positive that
mv_search_match_count will be set this early in the parse - I've never
tried it, to my memory.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax