[ic] interchange was fast now slow

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 13:07:00 2002

> Aaron -
>
> Unless this box is sitting right on your desktop, don't
> overlook networking
> issues. Ping and traceroute your server from your location.
> If you see high
> latency and/or packet loss, that will definitely impact the end-user
> experience.
>
> - Ed L.
Hi Ed,

That's what Im looking into now.  Ping works fine, but I cant run
traceroute to or from.  When running trace from here to the server it
basically only gets out of the building then starts printing out "*"
(asterisks) 3 in each row and I don't know what that means.  When I run
from the server, it goes until it gets pretty close to me and then
starts doing the same thing (* * *).  I can trace from the server to
another site no prob, and it seems to be quite fast so I guess its
something between here and there, I just have no way of going to the
site via another location to check.

Ill let you all know what I find out.
Thanks,
Aaron