[ic] interchange was fast now slow

Thu Feb 21 13:58:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Aaron Hazelton wrote:

AH>>That's what Im looking into now.  Ping works fine, but I cant run
AH>>traceroute to or from.  When running trace from here to the server it
AH>>basically only gets out of the building then starts printing out "*"
AH>>(asterisks) 3 in each row and I don't know what that means.  When I run
AH>>from the server, it goes until it gets pretty close to me and then
AH>>starts doing the same thing (* * *).  I can trace from the server to
AH>>another site no prob, and it seems to be quite fast so I guess its
AH>>something between here and there, I just have no way of going to the
AH>>site via another location to check.

As a wild guess, it could be a DNS problem, or one of the boxes doesn't have
the subnet mask properly set up.

If you can telnet in to another computer somewhere you can run pings and
traceroutes. Contact me privately by e-mail and I'll set you up with a
temporary account that you can ssh in to, or telnet in to, and run tests
from Virginia.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 14:05 PM:
Man who run behind car get exhausted.

This Linux System has been up 1240 hours