[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to pleeeaaase make a PayPal mod)?

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 15:50:01 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 14:32, Julia Jacobs wrote:

> With PayPal's perl/ASP/VB validation code in their .PDF is this really
> necessary?  Can't this be integrated into the checkout form somehow?  If the
> validation is taken care of within Interchange, why should the user have to
> go to PayPal's site?  PayPal even give's you the code to pre-populate the
> customer's PayPal account info into the form so again - no reason to leave
> the Interchange Shopping Cart web site.  I've included some info if you
> don't already have it.  And please, forgive my lack of knowledge if I sound
> like a total numskull.  I just really want to see this thing happen.

You can't do this because it would require that the customer give you
their PayPal account name and password, which any sane person would
refuse to do.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect