[ic] interchange was fast now slow

Thu Feb 21 17:15:48 2002

Quoting Javier Martin (martin@trymedia.com):
> > When I initially installed interchange I was blown away at the speed of
> > my new dedicated server.
>
> [...]
>
> > Now
> > even a catalog that is unchanged (foundation demo) is really slow....
>
> This might or might not be your case but it will surely help someone else:
> Do you use SSL to connect to your pages?

If you use INET mode, performance can be really bad if the connecting
machine cannot be reverse-resolved. To solve this problem, put any
connecing hosts in /etc/hosts and make sure /etc/host.conf has
"hosts,bind" instead of "bind,hosts".

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman