[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to PayPal info)?

Thu Feb 21 18:48:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Lyn St George wrote:

LSG>>In fact, many merchants outside of the US are not able to get merchant
LSG>>accounts because the banks are simply too paranoid. While US
LSG>>banks seem to give away merchant accounts with every Big Mac, you
LSG>>do need a US incorporated company and a genuine US address to get
LSG>>one, which rules out "foreigners". The real alternative in this case is a
LSG>>bureau account, not Paypal.

'incorporated' is incorrect. My merchant accounts have always been for me as
an individual, as a sole proprietor.

Take a look at www.mexmeds.com (or is it www.medsmex.com?) They are selling
drugs that are made in Mexico by well-known companies and don't need
prescriptions in Mexico, but do in the USA. They are using a telephone
answering service in Oregon (or is it Washington State?) as their US
interface.

For a number of years I ran a live telephone answering service. Many of our
customers used our place as their legitimate business address. We took
orders for many of them.

While it would certainly be more difficult for "Ivan The Russian" to set up
a merchant account in the USA, I'm confident that it can be done.

I'm being barraged with almost as many people trying to set me up with a
Merchant Account as I am with people wanting me to switch my Long Distance
service, so someone should be desperate enough for a 'sale' to get 'Ivan The
Russian' in business.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 18:45 PM:
Help beautify our dumps. Throw away something pretty.

This Linux System has been up 1245 hours