[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to whhhhyyyy won't you make a PayPal mod)?

Thu Feb 21 19:30:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Julia Jacobs wrote:

JJ>>I really don't get this.  I can store customers credit card numbers in my
JJ>>userdb with a standard non secure catalog foundation demo install, but you

I think that you are mistaken.

If this is, indeed, happening, I strongly urge you to make it stop.

You can store their expiration date, but not the card number - I believe.

JJ>>How are you revealing your account password by entering it into the form
JJ>>which after you press the button immediately gets transferred to PayPal?

How does the customer know that it gets immediately transferred? How do I,
as a customer, know that you haven't set something up in the 'submit' line
that also transfers that data to the Sysadmin, as well as PayPal? (It's very
easy to do!)

JJ>>How is that different than entering it into PayPal's form?

Because you are connected directly to PayPal's web page via a secure
connection with no detours. If I put it in on your site through a secure
connection, you can capture it before you send it on to PayPal, and are you
sending it on via a secure connection?

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 19:30 PM:
If it's stupid and works, then it ain't stupid

This Linux System has been up 1246 hours