[ic] Modifying Left Nav Item Behavior

J. Ross Dishner interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 12:52:01 2002

In the Demo catalog items in the left nav section call a simple
search for an item (Such as Screwdrivers). Even single items return a
search result (Such as Gift Certificate). Is it possible to return a
detailed product description, essentially skipping the search
results, for an item in that menu.

For example,

X59 screwdriver=detailed description of X59 screwdriver.

NOT

X59 screwdriver= X59 Screwderiver, X59 Hammer, X59 Wrench etc.

Some items in the left nav would still be simple search so I'd prefer
not to do a BOUNCE unless a direct match was coded for something like
the above.

Sorry to post such a long question. I just am having trouble getting
the kind of response I'm looking for.

Thanks so much,

Ross