[ic] RE: PayPal working with IC (changed to PayPal info)?

Fri Feb 22 20:48:01 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Jonathan Clark wrote:

JC>>I would imagine you need a us bank account for a us merchant account? And I
JC>>think this requires a social security number.

Yes, you would need a bank account.

Some out of country guys came in the office one day and set up an answering
service account and a mail drop. They went to a bank and used $2,000 to open
an account. Each day they went to a different bank and opened another
account using a check from the previous bank. They got about 5 banks in play
with funds flowing. Then they did cash withdrawals from each and went
'home'. And, then the FBI came looking for them.

You don't necessarily need a Social Security Number, you can use a Federal
Tax ID number which is very simple to get.
In one scenario, arrange for a US Mailing address, complete the form to
request a Tax ID and have it sent to the mailing address. Once it arrives,
you  might need to come to the states to open the bank account, but you
could probably use the new breed of Internet banks to open an account by
mail/internet.

JC>>I know someone who managed to do this, but it required him to fly to the
JC>>'states and buy a car in order to get the ss number, which enabled him to
JC>>get the bank account....

I never said that it would be easy :-)

And, I wish to point out that it would be illegal for you to establish
multiple identities during that trip to the USA, and especially illegal to
sell those identities once you have returned home. :-)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, February 22, 2002 at 20:45 PM:
"MEOW"... "WOOF"... It's a two-litter engine!

This Linux System has been up 1271 hours