[ic] RE: PayPal (changed to there will be no more on the subject from me)

Sat Feb 23 08:43:00 2002

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

CLSL>>I do it similar to Jim.  But my original deal had no sign-up fee, and I
CLSL>>bought my software and used my computer instead of a dedicated terminal,
CLSL>>so I had no monthly lease fee or rental fee.  And I was a small no name
CLSL>>business at the time as well.  It is far cheaper than any of the online
CLSL>>authorizations and with my new merchant account (also no signup fee and
CLSL>>I still use the same software) gives me a cheaper discount rate than
CLSL>>with online authorizations...

I have a terminal, but that's only because when I was set up through Echo I
needed a terminal to process accounts. I still use it occassionally when a
flag goes off and I want to do Address Verification. My POS software doesn't
do AVS, but there is an update coming out 'soon'.

After I changed over to First Charter Bank for my Merchant Account
processing, I bought ICVerify which interfaces with my POS and calls the
center via modem.

I'm not paying any lease fees. I pay a single monthly fee of $10.00, plus a
very small percentage (less than 2%) discount on each sale. There is a 20
cents per call-in fee to cover the phone call.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, February 23, 2002 at 08:45 AM:
He who dies with the most toys... is *still* DEAD!

This Linux System has been up 1283 hours