[ic] Issue w/Foundation Store & Categories / Groups

Jack Sasportas interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 01:53:01 2002

Brendan Crosser-McGay wrote:

> You need the new layout_auto attached here.

> Brendan Crosser-McGay
> brendan@paymentonline.com

Verfied attached code against my existing code and it is the same...
Any other ideas ?

One thing I can tell you for sure is the following:
When you Auto Populate the products.txt file, it DOES NOT pull up all of
the categories from that file into the available categories.  Example, I
have items belonging to the group red, blue, orange and green, after
autopopulating it only see's red and blue, and none of the other
categories, even though products.txt has for sure all of the data.

2nd when you create the categories to make the wanted associations, the
cat.txt file really does not get updated it stays empty unless you
manually export to the file.
The file apparently does not get input into the gdbm file so if you had
exported to a text file and placed your cat.txt and products.txt file
into a new cart, it would not see any of the categories, and if you auto
populate it would only generate some as what I mentioned above.

Finally when you try and cross sell a category it doesn't pick up any
items from that category...

I am not sure what is happening but I beleive something does not get
updated in the category file somewhere causing all these what I beleive
to be related problems.

Any Help is APPRECIATED!

Thanks!

Jack