[ic] Need HELP w/ LONG-STANDING wizard problem

Daniel P. Zepeda interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 4 19:06:01 2002

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Jim Balcom wrote:
> I can hear the frustration in your voice, and I sympathize.

Thank you, it helps, a little bit.

> I've never used the wizard, and I'm still using the Construct demo, which is
> working well for me. I've got no idea of how to help you. I don't use the
> various wizards, but rather I prefer to get in at the command line and work.
> For what it's worth, I've installed both 4.6.x and 4.8.x from the tarball
> without a problem. May I suggest that you try the tarball?

Mmm. Already tried that. And straight from the CVS repository as well.

> Since Tim Burt arrived on the scene and decided that he was 'King Of The
> Hill', and everyone else can get off, the experienced people on the list
> have quit posting, except for Jason Kohles, and he's paid to be there.
> Perhaps it's only the Christmas holiday season, I hope. But, if the rest of
> the experienced people are as pissed off as I am, the list is now a group of
> people just starting out with IC - like a bunch of teen-age boys that are
> just learning to jerk off and are sharing experiences and techniques.

So, I waited til the holidays were over. No reply. If Tim Burt
is 'King of the Hill' then he should be able to help me right? I
haven't heard from him yet.

> I do hope that I am not the only one that e-mails you off the list about
> your problem.

Nary a peep so far.

"Daniel P. Zepeda" <dzepeda@satx.net>