[ic] total adjustment upon item cancellation in admin

Sat Jan 5 17:15:01 2002

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 12:08:07PM -0800, Steve Bourg wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I've built a few sites off of the construct & foundation demos pretty
> successfully (yay!).  One of the not-yet-complete features of the admin is
> that the order's product total, shipping total,
> tax total, and grand total are not adjusted when an item within the order
> has been
> cancelled.  This is confusing customers when the updated emails go out
> and also gives the burden or manual recalculation to the merchant.
>
> I'm aware that the various areas of the demo and admin that reflect
> these
> calculations pull from a single transactions record vs. recalculating the
> line items from the orderline table.
>
> I would like to be able to update the transactions record when a
> transactions line item is set to a cancelled status.  I've been told, and
> it appears that the calculation functions are dependent upon the use of
> carts.  I hope to approach this by simply sending the pertinent aggregate
> info needed to calcuate (weight, size, product total, etc for
> shipping) without recreating a cart within the admin.  Can anyone guide me
> on the approach and/or direct me to documentation for this?

You have to reload the basket and reprocess the order.  Cancel the first
and make a new one.  Tax, discounts and so forth will not be handled
otherwise unless you reinvent IC.

That's the easy part.  What do you do if a price changes or any of your
shipping/taxing calculations change?  It requires judgement on part
of merchant.