[ic] Installing Interchange 4.8.3 in a Cobalt RaQ3

Francisco Sánchez interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Jan 6 12:31:00 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathaniel Scott" <cobalt@thecyberimage.com>
To: <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, 05 January, 2002 00:53
Subject: Re: [ic] Installing Interchange 4.8.3 in a Cobalt RaQ3

> > Hello.
> >
> > I am trying to install Interchange 4.8.3 on a Cobalt RaQ3 after reading
> > few posts in the list archives.
> >
> > However, I haven't been successful for the time being.
> >
> > First I installed the perl modules through cpan.  It seems everything
went
> > okay.  Now I have the modules and perl5.6.1 (perl5.005 is yet at
> > /usr/bin/perl while perl5.6.1 is at /usr/local/bin/perl).
> >
> > Then I made the interchange install with the tarball, and a few errors
> > showed up during ./confugure, related to pod2man:
> <SNIP>
>

> I have a RAQ4i running ic 4.8.3 for several months on several storefronts,
> and have been very happy with it.  I don't know about the pod2man, but
that
> might be related to your perl problems.
>
> Make sure that you're update and using the right perl, for both the
> bundle::interchange and the interchange install.  You can set the path for
> specific user to use the new perl, but I reccomend just entering it at the
> command prompt (adjusting all commands to use your directories (it will
> revert to the old perl on your next shell login):
>
> PATH=/home/local-perl/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
>
> Verify that you're using the correct perl with "which perl".  From here
run
> the Bundle::Interchange, until it gives you the following:
>
> [root foundation]# PATH=/home/local-perl/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
> [root foundation]# which perl
> /home/local-perl/bin/perl
>
> [root foundation]# perl -MCPAN -e 'install Bundle::Interchange'
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:12:54 GMT
> MD5 is up to date.
> MIME::Base64 is up to date.
> MIME::Base64 is up to date.
> Digest::MD5 is up to date.
> URI is up to date.
> Net::FTP is up to date.
> HTML::Tagset is up to date.
> HTML::Parser is up to date.
> HTML::HeadParser is up to date.
> LWP is up to date.
> Term::ReadKey is up to date.
> Term::ReadLine::Perl is up to date.
> Business::UPS is up to date.
> SQL::Statement is up to date.
> Storable is up to date.
> DBI is up to date.
> Safe::Hole is up to date.
> [root foundation]#
>

> If I recall, their's two modules in the ic bundle that fail for stupid
> reasons, and have to be d/l manually and installed.
>
> If you see any bundle missing, or failing, just download them, and it will
> help satisfy depency problems (like md5)
>
> I also had to install somthing::mysql, but I forget the exact name of it,
> but Interchange would error saying it needed if for the mysql portion of
the
> database.
>
> You'll also have allow interchange to run without the cgi-wrapper, either
by
> [...]

Thanks for your clues.  It is now working allright.

The first problem was solved thanks to your info.  The CPAN modules that I
installed were for perl5.005 and I had to update them for perl5.6.1.  No
problems whatsoever during the update with any module.

Then, another important issue with cobalt servers seems to be cgiwrap.  I
have searched in the cobalt knowledge base and the info there is confusing,
as many people have tried it with no results.  In addition I didn't want to
disable cgiwrap for the whole server, but only for the website that will use
interchange.

Finally it is fully working.  Let's start with it.

Best regards

Francisco