[ic] Question about Interchange

Tue Jan 8 19:20:00 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Jonathan Clark wrote:

JC>>> --> Interchange sets always a TEST... to an order (and for a live catalog
JC>>> doesn't looks good)
JC>>> (cause i ran the makecat with the foundation Demo)
JC>>>
JC>>
JC>>Have you tried this?:
JC>>
JC>>1) Log in to the admin ui as a super user (eg. interch/pass)
JC>>2) Click on the Administration menu
JC>>3) Click on the last order number (which says TEST0020 or whatever)
JC>>4) Edit the order number to remove or alter the text prefix on the number
JC>>5) Click 'Set last order number'
JC>>6) There is no 6
JC>>
JC>>The next order should be the number you entered plus 1.
JC>>
JC>>(The above should have the same effect as directly editing the
JC>><catroot>/etc/order.number file.)

And, for the more sophisticated users:

Last summer there were some postings about the number in that file. A cron
event run at midnight changes that number based on the date. For example,
today the first 6 digits of those 8 digits were 020108, which represent
January 8, 2002. I find this to be incredibly useful. When a customer
inquires about an order and gives me an order number I know exactly when he
placed it, and I can easily find it, as well as the shipping information
because I have the date.

I regret that I no longer remember who posted this (as I recall, there were
2-3 people involved) but they certainly deserve a big kiss! :-)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, January 08, 2002 at 19:20 PM:
We are upping our standards... so up yours.

This Linux System has been up 190 hours