[ic] Decryption of order information in MS Outlook

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 10:17:00 2002

> Does anyone know how to get the encrypted order information
> decrypted on a
> windows client using MS Outlook?
> I am using GPG as encryptor on my server and I can decrypt the messages
> fine, but my customer has only Windows software.
> I have heard that MS Outlook is cabable of decrypt information which is
> encrypted by GPG but exactly how I don't know and I would very much
> appreciate some help here.

2 choices I know of:

  1) use PGP software from www.nai.com - this is a payed-for license for
commercial use, but its not expensive and works well, including the Outlook
/ OE plugin.

  2) use WinPT software from www.winpt.org - this is a GPL licensed 'Windows
Privacy Tray' which is actually a GUI front end to the Windows version of
GnuPG. Its still in its fairly early days but is becoming a credible
alternative. It now has a windows installer which includes GnuPG and comes
with a Outlook _Express_ plugin. If you are using Outlook, not Express, you
can still use decryption either using its 'current window' feature, or via
the clipboard.

Jonathan
Webmaint.