[ic] wells fargo epay

Brett Doyle interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 19:07:01 2002

You have just asked should there be open source software?  The same types of
questions, I think, go through all our minds.  I am having the same issue
with netbilling.com.  The bottom line for me is this.  I didn't write
Interchange and neither did you.  As users, we are glad we have it, complain
when it will not work and gripe when asked to spend money.  I'm not
lambasting you, I am very much like you.  For open source to work we all
have to put or 2c or 2k in.  In communities, everyone has to ante up
something eventually.  I plan to make my invested module available.  You may
or may not with yours.  It is an individual decision and everyone should
respect that.  We all get from the community what we put into it.  Also,
Wells Fargo, is an authorize.net provider.  Can you use one of their other
payment systems?

Brett Doyle

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Scott Carter
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 5:58 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] wells fargo epay

Hi All,
    Just finished speaking with Wells Fargo Estore (my payment gateway) and,
of course, they don't feel that they should pay for the gateway module.
Contracted Redhat to write it for me anyway (well over a grand$$$)...  My
question is:  If you were me, would you release it to the interchange
project to be used by all for free if you had to pay for it????  The next
question would also be: would a group of users be willing to put in for a
paypal module???
Scott Carter