[ic] Creating new forms

JT Justman interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 00:37:01 2002

> I need to create new form where users will be able to submit some
> comments about our webpage. All informations entered by user (name,
> address, etc) need to be saved to database.

Well, what method depends on what database you are using. You might start by
looking at "Managing DBM Databases" in the Interchange Databases guide for
info on creating a new database.

As far as using the form to update the data, I use a [query] tag to
accomplish something simillar on my site (a contest). A simpler option would
be to use "mv_data_*" form parameters to cause the database update. Look in
the template guid under "Updating Interchange Database Tables with a Form".
Also, if complex validation is desired, you could use an order profile (look
at the account.html in the Foundation demo for an example of this).

I'm sure there's even more ways to do this. You might even be happier using
a formmail script or equivalent if you don't need database functionality.

JT