[ic] Creating new forms

Alma Nuker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 00:28:01 2002

Hi guys;

I am trying to create new form for website feedback. I tried following:

First of all I created new website.txt under products/. It contains
following:

name    company address email   telephone       fax     howfind
howfindtext    howoften        howoftentext    navigation
information appearance speed comments
(I did make shore that there is TAB between each of them).

Since I email address and name are required I did add following to
etc/profiles.orders:
__NAME__      webisite_profile

name=required
email=required

&fatal=yes
&final=yes
__END__

Finally I added following into web page:

<form method=post action="[process]">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_table"    VALUE="website">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_key"      VALUE="name">
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_function" VALUE="update">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME="mv_todo" VALUE="return">
<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_nextpage VALUE=ord/send>
 <input type=hidden name=mv_order_profile value=website_profile>
<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="mv_data_fields"
VALUE="name,company,address,email,telephone,fax,
howfind,howfindtext,howoften,howoftentext,navigation,information,appearance,speed,comment">

<PRE>

"all my text boxes goes here"

</PRE>
INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Send Information">
<INPUT TYPE=reset name=reset value="Reset">
</form>

My catalog uses default DBM database.
Error log does not say anything strange, interchange restarts fine, I
did get send.html back, but I data that are entered
through form are nowhere to be seen.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Alma