[ic] Asian Delights Await

Christopher Hicks interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 10:27:13 2002

I just love the title of this thread.  ;-)

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Prasit P <prasit_p@yahoo.com> wrote:
> how 'bout the word like sex, porn, f*ck, etc. ?  There
> should also be a threshold to reject a message e.g. if more
> than 3 filtered words are found in a message.

There's really no need to reinvent the wheel here.  There are plenty of
proven technologies out there for handling this sort of thing.
SpamAssassin ( http://spamassassin.taint.org/ ) is written in perl (!) and
has a good reputation.  MySQL's mailing lists have a white list of words
which also helps to discourage off-topic posts.

We just have to convince the "powers that be" to use something.  If
anybody knows who the "powers that be" are or if some "power that is"
would like to come forward, speak up!

--
</chris>

  I would not, could not SAVE ON PHONE,
  I would not, could not BUY YOUR LOAN,
  I would not, could not MAKE MONEY FAST,       (by
  I would not, could not SEND NO CA$H,            Matthew
  I would not, could not SEE YOUR SITE,             Kennel)
  I would not, could not EAT VEG-I-MITE,
  I do *not* *like* GREEN CARDS AND SPAM! Mad-I-Am!