[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 12:46:19 2002

> >We are here on this list energetic, vital and knowledgable. How about we
> >start our own doc project from right here?
>
> It has been tried before, in fact, I'm sure the mailing list still
> exists.  I think it was also used in the most recent RedHat
> re-write of the
> docs as some people proofread and contributed changes/suggestions.
>
> Not that your idea is a bad one, you just may find the results
> disappointing.

Comments about the docs seems to come up every six months or so.. I suggest
that if people want to contribute to the docs, then they use the available
tools:

	- the 'add note' feature at the bottom of each page in the online docs.
	- Bugzilla, accessed through the 'Report a bug' link on the left at
interchange.redhat.com

that way the changes can be quickly captured and dealt with in a structured
way.

Jonathan
Webmaint.