[ic] error:/dev/fd/34 line 25

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 13:00:01 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 03:37:35PM -0000, Darren Bayliss wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Your speedy response was appreciated, Thank you.
>
> First, i changed the port number in interchange.cfg, then
> I ran the suggested command and the output was;
>
> origin2 2# ./compile_link -p 1998
[errors snipped]

> Does this just mean that the particular socket was in use? Everything before
> 'Couldn't compile your choice of link
> 'vlink._usr_local_interchange_etc_socket' is a foreign language to me....
> sorry.

This doesn't mean the port was in use, you aren't getting far enough to
even find that out.  The variables that are listed as not being defined
should come from interchange/src/config.h, check that file and see if it's
contents are missing.  If there is a problem with config.h, renaming it
and running compile_link again should rebuild it.

> The server is running NFS, does this change anything? Also i have tried to
> grep the various sockets, but there is no output from the request, i can
> only presume that nothing is running on those ports, but for the life of me
> i cannot understand why interchange cannot bind to these sockets.

The script you are running isn't doing anything related to binding, this is
a compiler problem.

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)