[ic] Using GPG for credit card rders

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 13:06:27 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 06:04:17PM +0100, Francisco Sánchez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get internal server error when using the wizard for activating PGP
> encrypted credit card data.  In the catalog error.log the following line
> appears:
>
> /cgi-bin/funshop.cgi/ui Runtime error: Can't fork! at (eval 54) line 12.

There are two gpg related usertags that generate this error message, sadly
they don't indicate what failed.  The easiest way to find out would be to
modify the two usertags involved.  In interchange/lib/UI/usertag find the
two tags called add_gpg_key.tag and get_gpg_keys.tag.  Near the top of each
of these scripts is this open statement:

    open(GPGIMP, "$gpgexe $flags |")
        or die "Can't fork!";

Change this to:

    open(GPGIMP, "$gpgexe $flags |")
        or die "Can't fork: $!";

Then restart and try again, and the error message will be more descriptive.

I'm checking this change into the cvs tree to prevent the problem in the
future...

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)