[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Ryan Hertz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 14:02:01 2002

At 10:05 AM 1/14/02 -0800, Prasit P wrote:
>well, another English-only-speaking snob here.  we're a
>consulting firm trying to implement this application for
>customers, so we prefer to know inside out to develop
>e-comerce from scratch, not just changing templates as you
>did, FYI.

Fair enough, you wish to know it inside and out and start from
scratch.  Perhaps, then, you should be looking in the code, reading the
archives, studying the examples, being the developer you want to be.   FYI,
I'm not English-only-speaking, nor a snob.  Though I do discriminate
against people who use Yahoo e-mail, especially if they claim to be developers.

> > So, your options are: figure out the documentation (feel
> > free to ask for
> > help after searching the archives), buy support (it
> > doesn't even have to be
> > from Red Hat), or use different software (go use zShops
> > or Yahoo or
> > something) and quit wasting my time.
>
>did I force you to read/write this?  do I waste your time
>or you waste your own time?

Good point, but I feel that helping you see the light is not a waste of
time because it is an investment in reducing the bandwidth you consume on
the list.

> >Notice that
> > complaining is NOT an
> > option -- if you like complaining: wait for your first
> > customers -- they'll
> > probably think you suck worse than the docs and want
> > everything for free, too.
>
>Well, know what?  I'd love to hear all complaints, so I can
>improve.  it's funny though, an entrepreneur like you take
>complaints as problems, as blue-collars do.  Let me teach
>you somthing, make the complaints your opportunies to
>satisfy customers and bring back more customers.
>
>PS: i love to debate.  it improves my English :)

Obviously I don't have any trouble with my customers.