[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Mon Jan 14 20:45:01 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, John Beima wrote:

JB>>Talk about foot in mouth Jim...

Possibly - it's there quite often :-)

JB>>What you just quoted WAS written by Mike Heinz...

That's not surprising to me John.

Mike Heins is a genius and he operates on a genius level. Most geniuses have
a problem getting documentation down to a level that the average person can
understand.

JB>>I'll tell you I >HATE< several of the people with Akopia... But THEY are the
JB>>problems... Not RedHat...

I'm unable to sort out the difference.

JB>>The docs you are complaining about were what Mike wrote over 2 years ago... As a
JB>>matter of fact I started with basicly the same documentation when I first
JB>>started with MiniVend 3.0....

I don't doubt it one bit.

Akopia/Red Hat/whatever should be working as an interface between the genius
and the dummies and doing the necessary translations.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, January 14, 2002 at 20:45 PM:
Free advice is worth what you pay for it

This Linux System has been up 335 hours