[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Mon Jan 14 20:52:00 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, John Beima wrote:

JB>>Given this, how do you know YOU have the know how?

If I gave you this impression, John, then my words were wrong. I don't have
the know-how. Far from it.

What I posted as a solution to the problem was what I found to work for me.
I plugged that in and it workd as I wanted it to. Maybe that's not the way
that it is supposed to work, but I went home happy!

JB>>You have to remeber the docs are VERY GOOD >IF< and only >IF< you are a very
JB>>fluent Perl programmer. I found the more I understood Perl, the more I
JB>>understood how Mike documentated things...

No argument there. I'm firmly convinced that Mike Heins knows Perl better
than Larry Wall!

But, Mike has written a unique language that fits on top of Perl that makes
it easier for a human to interface with Perl. It is this unique language
that needs to be better documented, and I don't think that now that
Akopia/Red Hat owns Interchange that it should be Mike that has to write it.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, January 14, 2002 at 20:50 PM:
Tumbleweed: Colorado Tribble.

This Linux System has been up 335 hours