[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Mon Jan 14 21:34:01 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Jon Jensen wrote:

JJ>>I would say that every effort to improve the docs has paid off in direct
JJ>>proportion to the amount of work put in. Ryan is referring to May/June
JJ>>2001, when a few people joined a separate mailing list to briefly beta
JJ>>test the upcoming release of revised docs. Nobody volunteered to write a
JJ>>big, new document, or better organize the existing stuff, but they did
JJ>>point out and submit fixes for formatting problems, omissions,
JJ>>inconsistencies, and errors. Everyone benefits from every little
JJ>>improvement to the docs, so why not contribute whatever you can?

And, that was exactly the purpose of that effort - to correct misspellings,
bad formats, inconsistencies, etc. Correcting gibberish and making them
understandable was not part of the purpose.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, January 14, 2002 at 21:35 PM:
An oyster is a fish built like a nut.

This Linux System has been up 336 hours