[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 00:21:01 2002

Jim Balcom moaned:
> Jon Jensen wrote:
> > I would say that every effort to improve the docs has paid off in direct
> > proportion to the amount of work put in. Ryan is referring to May/June
> > 2001, when a few people joined a separate mailing list to briefly beta
> > test the upcoming release of revised docs. Nobody volunteered to write a
> > big, new document, or better organize the existing stuff, but they did
> > point out and submit fixes for formatting problems, omissions,
> > inconsistencies, and errors. Everyone benefits from every little
> > improvement to the docs, so why not contribute whatever you can?
> >
> And, that was exactly the purpose of that effort - to correct misspellings,
> bad formats, inconsistencies, etc. Correcting gibberish and making them
> understandable was not part of the purpose.

Now that you have a practical understanding of what the [include] and
[file] tags do, perhaps you could suggest a description that could be
inserted into the tags reference.  If it's better than what's already
there, then I'm sure the current description will be replaced.

Perhaps you could also write a "HOWTO include a file on your page using
the [include] or [file] tags" guide and post it to the list for others
to find when they have a similar difficulty.