[ic] Internet Explorer problem

Kaare Rasmussen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 12:13:00 2002

I'm asking this because I'm not sure where the problem really is.

One customer was kind enough to write an email that he could not check out
his order.
I've heard this before, but I can't recreate the problem myself with the
browsers that I have access to. The problem is that the customer fills out
the form, but whatever he does, it will not accept the order, it will just
return to the check out page with no error message.

The customer uses MS Explorer ver. 5.00.2920.000. I've tried with another
brand of IE 5.0, but without the problem.

Clue: When entering the index page, he was greeted with an authorization
error, he says. I'm not sure this can be true; Why should it do any SSL
activity, I don't know. Also, the page would be totally tilted if it was
displayed (there is SSL on the Apache web server).

Another clue, maybe: When moving the mouse over the Order button, he sees an
error message in the statusline in the browser: 'javascript: void 0

I can't see any entries in error.log at the time he tried to enter an order.

I'm using Interchange 4.8.2, foundation layout.

Any hints to what can be done?

Howitzvej 75               Åben 14.00-18.00        Web:      www.suse.dk
2000 Frederiksberg        Lørdag 11.00-17.00       Email: kar@kakidata.dk