[ic] Searching on either of two fields

Jimmy Kaplowitz interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 15:56:01 2002

Hi all. How do I do a search, using the multi-line, one-click format,
that will test if either of two fields is equal to a certain value? For
example, let's say I want to match where prod_group OR prod_group2 equals
'sufi saints' (as I do in one case). How would I do this? I've read
mailing list archives, read the online docs (including the part about
coordinated searches), etc., but it still isn't clear to me.

Also, since I'm using a SQL database backend, would it be best to
specify st=db, st=text, or neither (which I imagine uses the default,
but what is it?)?

I'm using Interchange 4.8.2 on OpenBSD 2.6. Thanks very much for your
help.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@kaplowitz.org / jim@bway.net