[ic] HTML encode

vincenker interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 06:29:00 2002

Thanks for your answer!
Actually, my browser is ok with Chinese characters; and all Chinese
labels are displayed all right. I can input Chinese into the input boxes
and save. Furthermore, Chinese characters are ok in PostgreSQL database
and front-end store.
But the problem is that, all Chinese characters are encoded in admin UI
when I load it from database. I can't continue to edit because all
Chinese characters are in hash--encoded codes.
How can disable encoding process in admin UI? Or, do you have any other
ways to solve this problem?

Vincent
-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of Jon
Jensen
Sent: 2002?1?16? 11:49
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] HTML encode

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, vincenker wrote:

> When I center product entry with Chinese (double byte) into database,
it
> looks fine in table products. Then, I load this product details with
> item_edit in Admin backend. The Chinese characters now is in hash
codes
> like "ÍÖ".

Chinese in HTML is complicated. You need to make sure that you're
entering
the Chinese into the database as raw double-byte code, not as HTML
entities, or you won't be able to edit from the UI. (The UI is designed
show you actual HTML, so if you have   in the DB, it will show

in the UI, but the browser will show a simple space in the storefront.)
You also need to make sure your browser is using the right encoding.

I'm doing work with Chinese right now and will be putting some changes
into Interchange soon, so if you run into trouble, let me know and I'll
see if I can help.

Jon