[ic] committing admin changes takes "forever"

Jon Jensen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 11:03:01 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Orlando Andico wrote:

> Whenever I try to do something, e.g. add an item, after pressing the "ok"
> button nothing happens. However pressing "stop" and going back to the
> store shows that the commit had taken place.
>
> However, this behavior is quite annoying.
>
> I've noticed that the problem is there when using Interchange 4.8.3 +
> Oracle or + PostgreSQL.
>
> I noticed that during this period of seeming inactivity, the "foundation"
> program (a.k.a. vlist) is stuck in a read() loop.

What browser are you using? I never saw this problem before until I
started using Mozilla 0.9.7, and now it happens when I do a save in the
admin UI (with any IC version I've tried). No problems for me with any
other browser, just Mozilla 0.9.7.

Looks like a Mozilla form post bug of some sort.

Jon