[ic] Search Returning 3 out of 6 results

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 18 15:57:43 2002

>IC 4.8.3 - MYSQL - RH 7.1
>
>I am having some problems with the search feature. I have six items that
>have the word "french" in the title of the product. When I do a search, it
>is only pulling up three of the six items in the result set.

"Perhaps you could post the data in your tables as well as the code you are
using for searches."

Here is the search code:

<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 1]>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
	      <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
	      <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
	      <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=10>

It is essentially the standard component search_box_small