[ic] Interchange makecat woes!

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Jan 20 14:22:01 2002

I am having problems with makecat.  I cannot get past this point:

Interchange can use either UNIX- or internet-domain sockets.
Most ISPs would prefer UNIX mode, and it is more secure.

If you already have a program there, or use a common program
and the FullURL directive, select NONE. You will then need
to copy the program by hand or otherwise ensure its presence.

(You can use the up/down arrows to toggle).
INET or UNIX mode? UNIX
Do you use CGIWRAP or SUEXEC? y
Checking directories........................................
/var/lib/interchange/catalog: directory exists!

/var/www/html/WebSites/www.silverjewelbox.com/catalog: directory exists!
The above directories already exist. Overwrite files? y
done.
Copying demo files..........................................No
/usr/lib/interchange/catalog directory is present,
where should the files come from? /var/lib/interchange/catalog
done.
Moving link, /var/www/html/WebSites/www.silverjewelbox.com/cgi-bin/catalog
exists, overwrite? ..y
done.
Since you selected the SUEXEC/CGIwrap option and are root, we aren't sure
which user and group you intended to own the link program. We have selected
the catalog user's UID/GID (576/511), but this may not match your
server definition. If you get a server error, change the ownership to its
proper value and ensure that the SUID bit is turned off on the link
program (/var/www/html/WebSites/www.silverjewelbox.com/cgi-bin/catalog).

chown executable: No such file or directory

No matter what I do or what permissions I change, I cannot get past this
point in the makecat script.  Iım doing this as root so I donıt know why I
would be having these problems.  I have not tried to turn off the SUID bit
in the link program yet, but something tells me there might be another
problem.

Julie
--
Julia Jacobs