[ic] Debian potato Foundation MySQLn install report

Klesel, Roman interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 06:29:00 2002

Hello everyone,

I finally got it working so I thought I'd share my little experiance for the
benefit of other newbees like me.

Regarding Perl modules I installed only from debs.

dpkg -l | grep -i perl

ii  libapache-dbi- 0.87-1         Connect apache server to database via
perl's
ii  libapache-mod- 1.21.20000309- Integration of perl with the Apache web
serv
ii  libapache-sess 1.03-2         Perl modules for keeping persistent user
dat
ii  libbusiness-up 1.13-1         A UPS Interface Module for Perl
ii  libconvert-ber 1.26-2         Perl implementation of Basic Encoding
Rules
ii  libdbd-mysql-p 1.2202-4       mySQL database interface for Perl
ii  libdbi-perl    1.13-3         The Perl5 Database Interface by Tim Bunce
ii  libdevel-symdu 2.00-4         Perl module for inspecting perl's symbol
tab
ii  libdigest-md5- 2.09-1         MD5 Message Digest for Perl
ii  liberror-perl  0.12-2         Exception module for Perl
ii  libfile-counte 0.12-1         Persistent counter class for Perl
ii  libiniconf-per 0.92-2         perl IniConf - A Module for reading
.ini-sty
ii  libmime-base64 2.11-2         MIME/Base64 decoding for Perl
ii  libnet-perl    1.0703-3       Implementation of Internet protocols for
Per
ii  libpcre2       2.08-1         Philip Hazel's Perl Compatible Regular
Expre
ii  libsafe-hole-p 0.08-3         Perl module which makes a "hole" in the
Safe
ii  libsql-stateme 0.1016-1       perl SQL::Statement - SQL parsing and
proces
ii  libstorable-pe 0.6.5-1        Storable extension for Perl5
ii  libterm-readli 1.07-2         Perl module to use GNU Readline library
ii  libterm-readli 0.9906-1       Perl implementation of Readline libraries
ii  libtimedate-pe 1.08-4         Time and date functions for perl.
ii  liburi-perl    1.04-2         Manipulates and accesses URI strings
ii  libwww-perl    5.47-1         WWW client/server library for Perl
ii  libxbase-perl  0.1550-1       Perl module to access xbase files
(optionall
ii  perl-5.005     5.005.03-7.1   Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and
Report
ii  perl-5.005-bas 5.005.03-7.1   The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister
ii  perl-base      5.004.05-1.1   Fake package assuring that one of the
-base

Wether they are all necessarry... I don't know.

I ran makecat and accepted defaults excapt for:
 the databasetype where I chose mysql
 the DB User = root
 the PAssword for the DB user is empty

The interchange server is running in Unixmode.

With this my catalog built sucessfully.

Trying to access the shop via browser resulted in the "We are sorry..."
screen
AAARGG!!!

I checked permissions in /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ic, everything OK.

Read many many Mailinglist articles, nothing really solved my problem.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the clue:

The cgi makecat created was somehow not functional. So I repaced it by the
allready existing one:
cd /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ic
cp foundation mytest

chown interchange:interchange mytest