[ic] nontaxable

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 12:50:01 2002

Hi guys.

I have some downloadable goods. BTW In california we don't have to tax soft
goods. I have everything working fine, except tax still gets added if the
user is NOT logged in. If the user IS logged in, it works fine, probably
because I have "dealer" set as YES for people that create accounts.

I don't want somebody to HAVE to make an account, not get taxed. But I do
want them to log in to get quantity pricing. I don't have any reference in
catalog.cfg, but in after.cfg I have:
Profile dealer <<EOR
{
	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,
		pricing:price_group,w5,w10,w25:,
		;:wholesale,
		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
		;$,
		==:options
EOF
	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR
Profile distributor <<EOR
{
	CommonAdjust => <<EOF,

		pricing:w5,w10,w25:,
		;:wholesale,
		;:wholesale:mv_sku,
		;$,
		==:options,
		-10%
EOF
	NonTaxableField => 'nontaxable',
}
EOR

Profile default CommonAdjust   "pricing:price_group,q5,q10 :sale_price,
;:price, ;$, ==:options"
Profile default NonTaxableField   ########I have tried putting nontaxable
here
Profile default PriceField 0

CommonAdjust	:sale_price, ;:price, ;$, ==:options
NonTaxableField	    ########I have tried putting nontaxable here also
PriceField     0

Replace ProductFiles
ProductFiles   products options
I understand by the archives that the NonTaxableField points to the field
that indicates if the item is non taxable, So I have tried everything I can
think of. I assume the lower portion of this code deals with people that are
NOT logged in. I tried to put nontaxable after both references in "Profile
default", but it still gets taxed. Is the lower portion of the code above,
where I should be looking?

IC 4.8.1

Thanks for any direction, in advance

Paul Jordan