[ic] lost password; and, new payment scheme

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 13:45:01 2002

Jason Kohles <jkohles@redhat.com> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:45:31AM +0800, Orlando Andico wrote:
> >
> > 1) I seem to have mislaid the admin password for Interchange. Where is the
> > config for this stored? how do I get back in?
> >
> The encrypted password is stored in $CATROOT/products/access.asc, you can
> remove the encrypted password (carefully, don't remove the tab on either
> side) then login with no password and set a new one.

This no longer true. Logins without password are rejected now, with makes
sense:

snowflake.linuxia.de 5bUMUM8P:linuxia.de - [22/January/2002:13:40:23 -0500] snailrace /cgi-bin/ic/snailrace/process Denied attempted login with user name 'foo' and password less than 4 characters

> > 2) Our payment facility is non-standard. Basically we just set up an HTTPS
> > connection to our gateway and POST the details (e.g. credit card #,
> > description, etc). The HTML coming back is parsed to determine whether the
> > transaction went through. How do I write a module to implement this type
> > of payment?
> >
> This is not as non-standard as you may think.  Take a look at
> eg/globalsub/authorizenet for a start, it works in exactly this way.

This is IMHO deprecated. I recommend to take a look at the Payment
modules in lib/Vend resp. lib/Vend/Payment

Ciao
        Racke

--
For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices