[ic] CVV2 with Interchange

Tue Jan 22 23:10:00 2002

Quoting Gur (gurs@sbcglobal.net):
> What I am trying to do:
> Implement CVV2 with Interchange. I want to create a custom "checkout field"
> that goes along with credit card exp. and credit card number. The user fills
> in the 3 digit number, the number is encrypted and sent to me via email,
> along with the credit card number and expiration.
>
> I have searched through the documentation and the mailing list but I can't
> seem to find information on how to create your own custom credit
> card/payment field.
>
> Has anyone implemented CVV2 with Interchange?

No. And I don't believe it is intended to be transmitted electronically
on a system connected to the Internet.

As far as I know, it is intended to be passed verbally as a check
that the card number has not been stolen (i.e. the supposed holder
actually has the card in hand). That is why it is not embossed on
the card, so no impression of it goes on the charge slip.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino