[ic] Debian potato Foundation MySQLn install report

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 09:46:01 2002

"Klesel, Roman" <roman.klesel@sap.com> writes:

[...]

> Hi Racke,
>
> yes these packages make life really easy and they are great. As far as I
> could see its not sufficiant however to run the whole show with MySQL. Would
> it be possible to have a MySQL installation as an option? And if chosen, the
> dependencies are so that the additional perl modules are installed as well?
>
> (I never build a Debian packege myself so please excuse me if this is
> totally out of the world)

That's not a bad idea. You cannot choose the database type at configuration
time, but it would be possible to make a interchange-mysql package with
the proper dependencies and which automatically selects MySQL for the
demo catalog.

I suggest to file a wishlist bug for this (see http://bugs.debian.org,
add priority: wishlist).

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices