[ic] CVV2 with Interchange

Wed Jan 23 19:50:02 2002

Quoting Gur (gurs@sbcglobal.net):
> If the customer had provided the CVV2 code the internet/mail-order company
> could have contested that since the cardholder provided the CVV2 number, he
> had possession of the credit card and was making a false claim.

My point is that if the CVV2 is in wide use then the customer will then
claim it was stolen from an ecommerce site. In other words, if it is
routinely transmitted electronically it becomes meaningless over time.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of
car payments.  -- Earl Wilson